Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Avocado Breakfast Smoothie

I just got a new mini blender and I’m literally obsessed with it.  It’s not to the point where I will spend an hour on pinterest and buzzfeed looking at things I can do with Hamilton the Blender (like smoothies, hummus, sauces, etc) buttttttt it was close to it.  Sorry Im not sorry that my blender is more interesting that the female reproductive system and other boring endocrine hormone lectures we’ve been having all week…
And yea I like naming my toys.  Hamilton the Blender because he is a Hamilton Beach blender hahahaha.  Sometimes my creativity just cracks me up.
So lots of smoothies for breakfast these days whoohoooo. So much easier and faster to drink all of the healthy things than to eat them.  A girl has other things to do in the morning (like sleeping in for 10 more minutes) than to chew breakfast!


Here is a super healthy smoothie I made the other morning =)
Green Morning Smoothie
  • 1 cup kale
  • 1/2 ripe avocado
  • 1 banana
  • honey
  • pinch of salt
  • milk
image



Put all of these ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.  The amount of honey depends on how sweet you want the smoothie and the amount of milk depends on how thick you want it.

Because of the fruits, you actually don’t taste the raw kale.  Great way to get the superfood into your tumtum.  And don’t hate on the banana-avocado-honey combo until you try it.
image
Honey bear wanted to make another cameo hehe.
After a few sips, I thought the smoothie was too rich and missing something so I also mixed in some orange juice to add another flavor.  Perfection!
image
Yep..I’m all about that homestyle pulp life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment