Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Apple Pie

After my renal and pulmonary exam Friday morning, all I could think about was eating pie but I couldnt find a place nearby that sold pie!  Ridiculous…but I figured this would be the perfect time to try to make an apple pie.  Nomnomnom.

image



Apple Pie With Brown Sugar Crumble
  • 1 ready-made pie crust (I used a frozen pie crust)
  • 6 apples (I used fuji)
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Topping:
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • less1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • less 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup room temperature butter
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. Chop apples into small thin pieces.
  3. Mix the apples, lemon juice, both sugars, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
  4. Pile everything the pie crust.
  5. Mix all the ingredients for the crumble topping together.
  6. Evenly coat the top of the pie with the crumble
  7. Bake at 375°F for 50 minutes.
image
Few comments on the recipe. Next time, I might try swapping some of my fuji apples for granny smith apples to add some tartness.  The pie also turned out a bit watery so I might add a tablespoon of corn starch to thicken it.
Happy pi day! Cant wait for next year when it’s 3.14.15!

No comments:

Post a Comment