Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Avocado Grilled Cheese

I LOVE AVOCADOS. Literally obsessed. So much so that I will straight up grab a spoon and eat it plain.  Actually my favorite method is to drizzle a little honey over it and sprinkle with a pinch of salt (don’t judge me until you try it).
Thought I will share some meals I’ve been made lately that had avocados in them.
The other night for dinner, I had a spinach, strawberry, avocado salad with grilled chicken and a raspberry honey vinaigrette. 
image


No recipe for this salad is needed…since it’s pretty self explanatory =P
Grilled Avocado, Tomato, and Havarti Cheese Sandwich
image
  • 2 slices of bread (100% whole wheat for me…gotta have dat fiber yo)
  • 2 slices of havarti cheese (or any melty cheese of your choice really…)
  • Tomato, sliced
  • Ripe Avocado, sliced
  • Butter
  1. Heat pan over medium heat (high heat might burn the sammie)
  2. Butter one side of both slices of bread and put the bread on the pan, butter side down.
  3. Layer 1 slice of cheese on one slice of bread, followed by tomato slices (2 or 3 will do), avocado slices (I’m a huge supporter of the more the merrier), and then finally the last slice of cheese.  
  4. Top the sammie with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
  5. Cook until the bread is golden brown and has a nice crust (about 3 minutes).
  6. Flip in order to toast the other side until it is also crusty and golden brown.
Speaking of cheese, have you ever wondered why there is no cheese emoji? Never really thought about it until a friend brought it up (read her theory here).  She makes a good argument..I mean, emojis are used to express things on a totally different level and if I wanted to tell people how excited I was to eat my grilled cheese sammie, how am I suppose to do it?!  These emjoi developers need to step up their game….
Oh and here is an awesome tip when trying to choose avocados!
image

No comments:

Post a Comment