Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Tofu Pad Thai

Whenever I order thai food, I always have this internal debate about whether to order pad thai or drunken noodles.  Yea, I now I can probably just order both but I dont want anyone to know how greedy I am. Slash I probably shouldnt be spending my loan money on so much on take out.  

Luckily for me, I usually end up having both just because one of my friends will always end up being the other hehe.

So pad thai..if you think about it, it's really just a simple salty peanut sauce.  The salty part comes from fish sauce, which is a briny, seafood-y asian sauce.  I also read somewhere that adding ketchup works really well in it too because of the vinegar kick it gives.   Yea, I know ketchup is kind of out of the ordinary but I didnt have any vinegar on hand so I decided to try it.  Plus what does ketchup NOT go well with.  





Pad Thai Sauce ***


  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce (if you dont have this, add soy sauce and salt)
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons peanut butter
  • juice of 1 lime
  • salt and pepper
  • water (to thin the sauce out)

1. Mix all ingredients together. 
2. Heat in a sauce pan with whatever cooked noodles/veggies/meat you want to serve with. 

***Just a side note, I literally threw in the sauces together without measuring them.  I kept tasting and added flavors accordingly.  The measurements I gave are just guesstimates of what I ended up using.  So make the sauce according to how you want it to taste.  Also, start off with small amts of each of the sauce.  I made a lot of sauce because I had a whole spaghetti squash I wanted to use***

Usually pad thai uses rice noodle but I had a spaghetti squash so I used that instead!  I also mixed in frozen peas and carrots, a scrambled egg, tofu.  Yum :)  

Also, add sriracha. You will thank me later.








No comments:

Post a Comment