Friday, January 16, 2015

Boo Boo Banana Bread

Wait...how is it that my most commonly used recipe is not on the the blog yet?!  My bad guys...but I guess all is well now because I am finally sharing my booboo bananananana bread recipe!

Boo Boo Banana Bread

Ingredients
makes 12 muffins
- 3 bananas covered with booboos (aka super super ripe bananas. The riper, the better)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour (I like using whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips

  1. Preheat oven to 350degrees and line a muffin tin with liners.
  2. Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
  3. Mix everything else except for the flour and the chocolate chips in the bowl.
  4. Mix in the flour and mix until it is JUST mixed through.
  5. Mix in the chocolate chips.
  6. Fill the muffin tins 2/3s of the way full.
  7. Bake for 17min or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

I probably make a batch of these muffins at least once a month.  I love them.  LOVE THEM. They are super moist (sorry, I had to use the word even though it is honestly one of the most painful words to say).  It tastes really rich but if you look at the ingredients again, you will notice that it mostly consists of bananas.  The recipe is also really versatile!  Sometimes when I make them, I throw in a some nutella or some peanut butter.  I love adding in dried fruit and nuts too!  

Oh also, these muffins freeze super well!  Cool them completely and then throw up in a bag to put in the freezer. When you are having a sugar craving in the middle of the night after hours on end of studying OR when you want a super quick breakfast, wrap one of the muffins in a napkin and microwave for 45sec.

Enjoy! Im going to go grab a muffin from the freezer now and go back to studying about leukemia and lymphoma now =P





ALSO, look at how cute these muffin liners are!  Thanks Marshalls for selling them in the clearance section for $1 hehehe.




No comments:

Post a Comment