Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Cake

It was roomie's birthday this Friday so that means cake time!  We have a running joke about how we love being basic although I still really have no idea what that means. I mean really...what is wrong with liking pumpkin spice lattes, apple orchards, plaid, and north face jackets?  People need to accept the fact that all of those things are awesome..

Anyways, like I said, my roommate and I have this running joke about how we LOVEEEE basic things so what would be more perfect than a pumpkin spice birthday cake?!  The answer is nothing :)  
Oh and this time I had 2 excellent pastry chefs to help me out!  

                                     


Pumpkin Spice Cake (makes 9x13 pan or 24 cupcakes)

Ingredients
  • 2 and 2/3 cup flour
  • 2tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • frosting (I used store bought)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350degrees.
  2. Grease a 9x13 pan.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
  4. In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil. Mix in 1 egg at a time.
  5. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Remember not to overmix!
  6. Bake for 45min or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
  7. Cool completely before frosting the cake.
Roomie has a borderline unhealthy obsession with corgis so my pastry chefs and I made a corgi cake!  Cheers to the most basic corgi cake in the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment