Friday, November 21, 2014

Chicken Enchilada Lasagna

So I've been trying to do more savory dishes lately.  Figured I cant just live off of desserts for the rest of my life.  I was feeling Mexican the other day and since the closest Chipotle is still way too far away, I thought I would try my hand at it.  Corn tortillas, veggies, chicken, enchilada sauce, cheese...what more could you ask for?

Normally the tortillas are rolled up with filling but I thought it would be much easier to layer everything.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy.



Chicken Enchilada Lasagna (makes 8x8pan)

Ingredients
  • 2 grilled chicken breasts, shredded (great way to use leftovers!)
  • can of black beans, rinsed and drained
  • sauteed veggies (I used onions, bell peppers, and 2 jalapenos)
  • small can of enchilada sauce
  • 12 small corn tortillas
  • 2 cups of shredded cheese (I just colby jack sandwich slices)
Directions
  1. Assemble all ingredients.
  2. Preheat oven to 350degrees.
  3. Line an 8x8 pan with aluminum foil and grease it.
  4. Spread a quarter of the enchilada sauce at the bottom of the pan.
  5. Place 4 tortillas at the bottom.
  6. Layer half of the veggies, beans, and chicken.
  7. Pour another quarter of the sauce on top.
  8. Top with 1/3 of the cheese.
  9. Repeat steps 4-7 again.
  10. Top with the last 4 tortillas and the rest of the sauce and cheese.
  11. Over with aluminum foil and bake in oven for 20min.
  12. Take off the foil and bake for another 10min
  13. Let the enchiladas cool a bit before eating!

My roommate doesnt like beans so I made a special corner for her haha.

Layering was definitely the way to go. Less fuss. Just layer and repeat!

Best with a beer and an episode of How to Get Away with Murder.


No comments:

Post a Comment